All types of visas can be applied and paid for at the Embassy.
For those categories of applicants, who do not require referred visa, Single and Transit visas can be issued at the point of arrival to Kenya.
From 1st September 2015 all Single, Transit and Courtesy visas can be applied and paid for online through the ecitizen platform. Applicants who require referred visas, Multiple visas and East African Tourist visa will continue to receive visas at the Embassy.
Children under the age of 16 years accompanying their parents do not require visas to enter the territory of Kenya as from February 2, 2016.
However, all visa applicants, who experience challengess in submitting their applications online, can bring hard copy applications to the Embassy where they will be issued with a visa or obtain visa on arrival at the airport. Below are the steps to be followed for online applications :
Every applicant needs to register first. To register
a) Go to http://www.ecitizen.go.ke and click on register
b) Select register as a visitor
c)Register for an account by entering the following details: email, password, first name, surname, gender, nationality, then click agree to terms and conditions
a) Login to https://immigration.eCitizen.go.ke”>http://www.ecitizen.go.ke (if not already logged in)
b)Select Department of Immigration Services
c)Select submit application
d)Select Kenyan Visa
e) Select the type of visa, read the instructions carefully.
f)Fill in the application form
g) Pay using Visa card or Master card
h) Wait for the approval, download and print the e-visa and you can now travel to kenya
SINGLE JOURNEY VISAS (SJV)
1.Passport must be valid for at least six (6) months with two adjacent clean and full visa pages for endorsement
2.One Visa application form (form 22) with a passport photo size photograph of the applicant attached. The form should be dated and signed
3. A copy of invitation letter and National ID if host is a kenyan
4.A copy of residential permit if host is a foreigner
5.A copy of the bio data page of the applicants passport or travel document
6.A copy of the applicant’s residential permit if not residing in the country of birth
7. Visa fee for Single journey visas is USD 50
8. Referal fee is USD 10 for citizens who require referred visas
(Referred visa applications should be made at least one month prior to intended date of travel).
MULTIPLE JOURNEY VISAS (MJV)
1. All multiple journey Visas are referred visas
2. Passport must be valid for at least Six (6) Months with at least two adjacent blank visa pages for endorsement
3. One visa application forms 22 to be duly filled, signed and dated.
4. One passport size photographs of the applicant.
5. One copy of a Cover letter from the applicant detailing the need for an MJV.
6. One copy of passport (bio data page).
7. Applicants applying for multiple journey Visa’s to visit their spouses should avail in addition to the above, the following: –
8. Their spouses National identity Card if Kenyan
9. Residential/Work permit if spouse is a foreigner
10. Copy of marriage certificate
11. Parents applying for Multiple journey Visa’s to Kenya to visit their children in schools should avail copies of valid pupil’s passes and copies of Valid residential permits in their countries of residence
12. Fee is USD 100
13. Referral fee is USD 10
MULTIPLE JOURNEY VISA APPLICATION FROM COMPANIES/ORGANISATIONS
1. Passport must be valid for at least Six (6) Months with at least two adjacent blank visa pages for endorsement
2. One visa application form 22 to be duly filled, signed and dated.
3. One passport size photograph of the applicant
4. One copy of passport (Bio data page)
5. One copy of a cover letter bearing the company/organization’s letterheads
6. Should specify the reason for applicant’s frequent visits
7. Show connection between applicant and the company/organization
8. The letter should have the name and signature of the person countersigning it.
9. Two copies of applicant’s resident permit if not residing in their country.
10. Fee is USD 100
11. Referral fee is USD 10
EAST AFRICAN TOURIST VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIREMENTS
A foreigner who wants to visit simultaneously the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and the Republic of Uganda for Tourism.
An East African visa is a multiple entries visa and shall be valid for 90 days.
Applications for this visa shall be lodged at any diplomatic representation of Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and the Republic of Uganda, at the Immigration offices of the respective countries or online where applicable.
Dependents: All persons must apply in their own right
Travel document: Any genuine acceptable travel document valid not less than 6 months
Visa fees: 100 USD
Validity of visa: 90 days
Single or Multiple Entries: Multiple entries
The holder of the East African Tourist visa shall enter from the country that issued the Visa and move within the two other countries without applying for another visa or paying for another visa.The holder shall also be allowed to move between the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and the Republic of Uganda; and return without having to pay for another visa. This will only be applicable in the period of 90 days. The visa will be annulled upon leaving the territory of the three respective countries.
Work or no work: work is not permitted
Visa extension: An East Africa Tourist Visa shall not extended
One cleared coloured passport size photo with white background recently taken without glasses, caps and scarf; (the photo should be attached to the application by use of glue stick. Stapling and clipping the photo to the application form is not advisable)
A duly filled visa application form signed and dated
Passport must be valid for at least Six (6) Months with two clean adjacent and full visa pages for endorsement
An Invitation letter/ Cover letter from a tour agency/ hotel booking or a Visa application letter addressed to H.E the Ambassador.
A copy of valid Passport of the applicants Bio data page
Visa fees of USD 100
Note Applicants from countries that are on referral shall apply for EATV (East African Tourist Visa) from mission whose government has referral requirements